Darwin City Centre Master Plan Project
For up to date information about current Council Master Plan Projects, please use this link.
The project was funded by the City of Darwin, Northern Territory Government and Australian Government, under its “Liveable Cities Program”.
It will produce a blueprint and set of principles to guide Darwin’s growth over the next 20 years, with a focus on liveability, connections into the CBD, potential areas for new development and guidance for the private sector on how to get the best returns on investment in the CBD.
Darwin City Centre Master Plan
The Darwin City Centre Master Plan has been endorsed by Council.
- Darwin City Centre Master Plan
- Media release
- Fly through 1 Overview
- Fly through 2 Greenery
Summary of Workshop #1 Workshops
Workshop #3 Presentations
- Spatial Design Strategy
- Urban Data Collective
- Urban Design 3D Modelling
- Urban Performance Model
- Urban Design Development
- Urban Forecast Model
- Community Feedback Report
- Community Consultation Report
It looked at:
- movement by public and private transport, pedestrians and bicycles
- the public realm, including streets, parks, malls, the water’s edge and open spaces
- infrastructure such as arterial roads, bridges, utility services and social infrastructure
- potential and existing tourist networks and facilities that tell the story of Darwin
- land uses such as offices, retail, tourism, residential and community spaces
- landscaping character.
Work for the Master Plan was led by Project Manager Steve Thorne of Design Urban and will include a landscaping study, a spatial mapping survey and an urban design audit. For more information contact us on 8930 0300 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Advisory Group Feedback