Alcohol Restrictions

Council permits consumption of alcohol in parks and reserves under its control during certain hours. Special permits may be applied for outside of these hours by contacting the Customer Service area on 8930 0556.

See below for maps of areas where liquor may and may not be consumed and what hours.

Bicentennial Park, The Esplanade, is now entirely an Alcohol Restricted Area. The public may apply for a permit to consume alcohol in a Restricted Area for special events or functions. Download the application form, or contact:

Customer Service
City of Darwin
Harry Chan Ave, Darwin, NT 0800
Ph: 08 8930 0556

Department of the Attorney-General and Justice
Licensing NT

Level 3, NAB House, 71 Smith Street, Darwin, NT 0800
Ph: 08 8999 1800