Fun Bus Mobile Playgroup
The Fun Bus mobile playgroup, welcomes everyone with children from 0 to 5 years old to come along and join us to play, laugh, sing and have fun.
Fun Bus playgroups are a FREE, fun and informal space where parents, carers, babies and children aged 0 to 5 years can come together in a relaxed and friendly environment.
At Fun Bus, children can:
- Engage in new experiences
- Interact with other children and adults
- Encourage sharing
- Make new friends
- Strengthen healthier relationship with parents /carers
- Learn and develop social and creative skills through play.
The Fun Bus is not only a fun and engaging place for children. Parents and carers can benefit in a number of ways.
At Fun Bus, parents and carers can:
- Meet other parents and develop new friendships
- Share ideas, information, concerns and experiences
- Play with your children in a fun, safe and friendly environment
- Learn and develop skills with your children through play
- Discover new ideas for extra fun at home
- Find out more about services and support within the local community.
Fun Bus operates weekdays between 9.30am and 11.30am at different locations throughout the municipality of Darwin.
Outdoor Season (now running)
Mid-March to November
When the weather is great, we play outside in some of Darwin’s most beautiful parks and spaces. All locations are equipped with bathroom facilities and shade. Fun Bus supplies water, sunscreen and fun.
9.30am – 11.30am each weekday
December to mid-March
When the mercury rises and the Wet Season begins, Fun Bus moves to dry, air-conditioned comfort in some of City of Darwin’s community centres and undercover locations.
The schedule for the 2016/17 indoor season will be made available in October 2016.
Please note the Fun Bus does not operate:
- on public holidays
- during the December/January school holidays.
Planning to join us at the next Fun Bus session? Here are some handy tips you help you be prepared:
What to wear:
- footwear is a must for all ages
- wear comfortable and cool clothing
- bring a hat
- slop on some sunscreen before you arrive (more available at Fun Bus)
Shared morning tea
There is no charge for activities, however, you are asked to supply one (1) piece of fruit per family to be shared at morning tea.
Smoke Free Environment
Fun Bus venues are 'smoke free' for the health and wellbeing of all children, parents and carers who use the service.
For further information please contact:
- City of Darwin Customer Service: 8930 0300
- Fun Bus Mobile Number: 0419 031 651
- Email: email@example.com
Fun Bus is jointly funded by City of Darwin and the Northern Territory Government.