Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee (ACDAC)
The Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee reports to Council, supporting Council's role in the arts by providing advice pertaining to arts and cultural development and local creative industries. The Committee's advice is regularly sought on a range of projects including the Council's Public Art program.
Current members of the Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee are:
- Alderman Kate Worden (Chairperson)
- Alderman Robin Knox (alternate)
- Mr Ken Conway - community representative
- Ms Leonie McNally - community representative
- Mr. Sean Pardy - Browns Mart
- Mr Bong Ramilo - Darwin Community Arts
- Mr Mark Crees - Darwin Festival
- Ms Angela O'Donnell - Arts NT
- Ms Sarah Pirrie - Chairperson, Darwin Visual Arts Association
- Ms Louise Partos - Artback NT
- Ms Aly de Groot - independent artist
- Ms Sarah Body - Chairperson, Tactile Arts
- Mr Alan James - Darwin Entertainment Centre
- Ms Nadine Douglas - City of Darwin
- Ms Sahn Cramer - City of Darwin
Who can nominate to be a member?
Anyone from the community with experience or an interest in the arts and creative industries sector can nominate to be a member. The Committee comprises of community representatives, representatives from arts and cultural organisations, Council staff and Elected Members.
Applicants should note that application to the Committee is a competitive process and is based on merit (please refer to the selection criteria below).
Are there selection criteria that I need to meet to become a member?
When selecting members for the Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee, we look for the following attributes and qualities:
- A passion for the arts and creative industries and a willingness to represent the interests, needs and aspirations of the sector.
- Ability to contribute skills and knowledge to enhance the decision making process of the Committee.
- Expertise in an area of arts practice that will add to the knowledge base of the Committee.
- Motivation and enthusiasm to participate in Committee meetings.
How much time will I need to commit as a member?
The following outlines your expected commitments:
|Read agenda papers and prepare for meetings||30 minutes, per meeting||3 hours|
|Attend Committee Meetings||2 hours per meeting, 5 times per year||10 hours|
|Attend annual Arts Sector Forum||3 hours||3 hours|
|Attend relevant Council events, e.g. art launches||1 hour, approximately 4 times per year||4 hours|
|Total Commitment||20 hours|
When are meetings held?
Meetings are held five times per year at the Civic Centre, typically at lunchtimes on Thursdays, dates being set at the beginning of each year.
What happens at Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee meetings?
For a full description of how Committee meetings are run, please read Committee Meetings: how to be a Committee Representative and conduct successful meetings.
How do I nominate to be a member?
Expressions of Interest for membership of the Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee are currently closed.
For more information on Council’s Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee, please contact the Arts and Cultural Development Officer on 8930 0674 or firstname.lastname@example.org