Permits, Licenses and Property


The Property Officer deals with the acquisition, sale and lease of Council land.  We issue leases, licenses, and permits for awnings, porte cochere, outdoor dining and a variety of agreements for other purposes. 

This includes: 

  • Outdoor Dining
  • Awnings, Balconies and Verandahs on Council land
  • Land Acquisition
  • Land Disposal
  • Sale of Public Land Policy No 280
  • Long Term Lease Policy No 83

Works Permits

A works permit must be approved by the Infrastructure Permit Officer prior to any works requiring the use of Council land for access to services, private property or for any other reason, to carry out works. This includes road reserves, medians, footpaths, nature strips or verges and parks and reserves. For more information on how to apply, please visit the works permit page.