Grants open Apply now
City of Darwin has allocated $40,000- to the Arts Grants trial, applications can be made for a maximum of $5,000- per submission.
Who can apply?
Individual artists and organisations in the Darwin municipality from all Arts disciplines and practices. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQA+ applicants, and diverse communities. As these grants have been created to foster and support the Darwin arts community, we are not inviting applications from outside the City of Darwin municipal boundary unless the applicant can clearly demonstrate that their proposal will:
- be delivered in Darwin;
- engage with Darwin residents; and
- directly benefit the Darwin community.
What can I apply for?
Applications are welcomed for projects that meet any of the following criteria:
- Development of new, original work by Darwin artists;
- Building the capacity of Darwin artists through professional development or training;
- Activation of public spaces across the wards of the municipality;
- Diverse artistic practices, including traditional cultural practices; and
- Support artistic practice through the purchase of equipment and/or supplies including hiring venues such as performance spaces and studios.
When do the grants open?
Applications for the Arts Grant trial will open on 1 September 2021 and close on 30 September 2021. Projects must be undertaken from 1 January 2022 and be completed within 12 months. All applications must be submitted via Smarty Grants. Potential applicants are encouraged to contact the Arts & Cultural Development Officers with any questions on 08 8930 0674 or email Arts@darwin.nt.gov.au