Each year in October we celebrate Children’s Week.
Children’s Week is celebrated in Australia during the fourth week in October every year. We host a diverse range of events and activities for everyone to enjoy.
Children’s Artwork Exhibition
The exhibition is on display at Council's four libraries between Saturday 23 October to Sunday 28 November 2021.
- Casuarina Library, 17 Bradshaw Terrace, Casuarina
- Darwin City Library, Civic Centre, 17 Harry Chan Avenue, Darwin
- Karama Library, Karama Shopping Centre, Kalymnos Drive, Karama
- Nightcliff Library, Pavonia Place, Nightcliff.
The official opening will be on Saturday 23 October 2021 at Casuarina Library from 9.30am to 11.30am with children's entertainment, activities, lucky-door prize and morning tea.
The art exhibition can be viewed during libraries hours. To view the opening hours.
All artwork from individuals or groups are welcome from drawing, painting, printing, collage, sculpture, ceramic, photography and digital art!
The possibilities are endless!
This exhibition is a great opportunity for children to display their unique creative expression to the community. Art in all kinds of mediums encourages children to create, self-express, develop imagination, build self-esteem and confidence. The benefits are many and varied, as children delight in the satisfaction of newly created artwork.
How to enter?
Simply drop off your artwork on Monday 11 and Tuesday 12 October 2021 at your nearest City of Darwin Library.
Terms and Conditions
- The Children’s Art Exhibition is open to children aged one (1) to twelve (12) years old.
- All artworks must be suitable for an audience of 0 - 12 years.
- Framed works and works on canvas must be ready to hang using appropriate string or a wire of sufficient strength, length and size to support the weight of the artwork.
- Each artwork must be labelled on the reverse side with the artist’s name and contact details.
- While due care will be taken, City of Darwin cannot accept liability for any damages caused to artworks for the duration of the exhibition.
- All artwork must be collected within the timeframe specified. Artworks not collected will be held for up to two (2) months and then maybe disposed of.
To download the Children's Artwork Exhibition flyer, click here
For information and enquiries regarding Council's National Children's Week activities please contact the Family and Children Services team.