Represents Waters Ward | Elected 2012
- Local Government Association of the Northern Territory (Vice President – Municipal)
- Administrative Review Committee
- Ambon Sister City Sub-committee
- Dili Sister City Sub-committee
- Neighbourhood Watch NT Management Committee
- Tourism Top End (alternate)
Alderman Haslett is motivated by achieving outcomes for residents. Born in Adelaide he moved to Darwin as a child in 1966.
Alderman Haslett obtained a degree in business administration and management at Charles Darwin University and was a lecturer in screen media at the Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education from 2014-2018. He has worked at MacKillop Catholic College since late 2018.
He is focused on representing community interest and sees the council as a “body corporate” with all public areas owned in common by the residents of Darwin. “The elected council is little more than a body corporate committee representing unit holders of property,” he says. “Just as I am the chair of the body corporate where I live, I represent the residents of Darwin on the City of Darwin Council.”