Expressions of interest open Monday 21 August 2023
Submissions close 5.00 pm on Monday 25 September 2023
City of Darwin is calling for expressions of interest from Darwin-based visual artists for an exciting public art opportunity in Nightcliff Village.
We are seeking visual artwork that reflects the community, brings stories to life, and creates a vibrant, eclectic sense of place.
The successful artwork may be used in a variety of applications including but not limited to footpath designs, waste storage screens, drainage grates, lighting frames, deck risers, concrete seats, and back rests.
Expressions of interest need to respond to the location and themes of place, community, and the culture of Nightcliff Village.
Short term initiatives identified as part of the Nightcliff Village masterplan are currently being completed.
Submissions must include:
- Simple and clear line drawings suitable for use across a variety of applications (a minimum of five and maximum of ten individual designs) in high resolution JPG and EPS formats
- Response to assessment criteria as detailed below
- Why and how?
The reasons why and how your artwork responds to the location and themes of place, community, and the culture of Nightcliff Village (max 500 words)
Artist biographies outlining skills, knowledge and experience (max 2 pages per artist)
Artist statement/s responding to artwork (max 150 words per artwork)
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a resident of Darwin
- Have an ABN
- Be able to self-manage to deliver requirements on time
- Agree to your artwork being used in a variety of applications including, but not limited to footpath designs, waste storage screens, drainage grates, lighting frames, deck risers, concrete seats, and back rests
Please download an EOI pack for more information on the opportunity and submission criteria.
The selected artist will be offered a copyright agreement and fee of up to $9,000 (ex GST) for licensing their work to be used throughout Nightcliff Village.
City of Darwin encourages EOIs from visual artists from a diverse range of ages, gender and cultural backgrounds, including First Nations creatives and a range of career levels (emerging, mid-career and established).
For more information, please contact the Arts and Cultural Development Officer:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 08 8930 0674 | 0409 448 077
NB: Office phone and mobile are only monitored on Mondays and Wednesdays - please leave a voicemail or send a text if contacting outside of these days.