Applications are now closed for 2021. Check back for future funding rounds.
Applications for these grants should address one or more of the following areas
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Conservation and improvement of natural systems including biodiversity enrichment
- Information gathering, technology or trial processes to improve any of the 2 areas above
Proposals should demonstrate how their research will benefit the Darwin community and highlight
- Practical and implementable outcomes for City of Darwin
- Innovative ideas and technology for research, trial and development
- Alignment with and understanding of City of Darwin’s Climate Emergency Response Plan and Greening Strategy
- Positive quantifiable outcomes for City of Darwin and the local environment
- The rigorous methodology being used
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss applications prior to submission with the responsible officer and to be aware that contracts will stipulate ownership of data to be held by or shared with City of Darwin.
Phone: 08 8930 0300
All applications must be submitted via Smarty Grants