The Sister City Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee. Its purpose is to provide cross-cultural understanding and build vibrant and connected communities and generating mutual benefits for both cities through educational, cultural, professional, economic and humanitarian exchange.
It is also expected that activities coordinated through the Sister City Program can facilitate the identification and development of business and trade opportunities between Darwin and its Sister Cities. However, such opportunities will then be assessed and acted upon by local businesses/industries.
City of Darwin has one Sister City Advisory Committee for seven sister cities, including Ambon (Indonesia), Anchorage (US), Dili (Timor-Leste), Haikou (China), Kalymnos (Greece), Milikapiti (Northern Territory, Australia) and Denpasar (Indonesia).
- Share information, create connections, and provide advice and support to City of Darwin’s Sister City Program
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of best practice policy, procedures, planning and programming to increase positive community, cultural, and economic outcomes in keeping with the strategic plan
- Identify opportunities for community, cultural and economic development that City of Darwin can advocate for and/or partner with businesses, services, and organisations to address
- Promote the Sister Cities and Program to Darwin community
- Assist in the delivery of Sister City projects as required.
Membership will consist of:
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
- Nine (9) community members with experience, ties or interest in a Sister City
Terms for the Committee membership are two (2) years. The commencement and end of term for community and Elected Members can be differing dates.
Register of Committee Membership
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
Terms of Reference
For further information contact the International Relations Office on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com