The Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee. Its purpose is to advocate, inform, and guide Council on improved access and inclusion for all people, including people with disabilities, living, working, studying or visiting the City of Darwin.
- Represent the access and inclusion needs of the Darwin community
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of best practice policy, procedures, planning and programming to increase community inclusion outcomes
- Identify actions that City of Darwin can take to improve access and inclusion of Council’s services, facilities and programs
- Identify gaps, issues and challenges relating to access and inclusion that City of Darwin can advocate for and/or partner with businesses, services and organisations to address
- Advocate for access and inclusion through providing education and information to improve community awareness of the needs and rights of those with access and inclusion issues, through positive and proactive media, social marketing, community events, festivals, forums and other initiatives
- Keep council informed on industry developments, standards and legislation which can improve access and inclusion to Council services, facilities and programs
- Guide the implementation of City of Darwin’s Access and Inclusion Plan.
Membership will consist of:
- Up to ten (10) community members, with a minimum number of six (6)
- Up to four (4) organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- National Disability Services NT (NDS NT)
- Council on the Ageing NT (COTA NT)
- Relevant/Identified Northern Territory Government representative(s)
- Identified organisation representing vulnerable members of the community which could include refugees and/or new migrants, Indigenous peoples, and the LGBTQI+ community
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
For further information contact the Community Development Officer on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com