- Banners must be constructed of heavy duty material such as vinyl (no calico or sheeting will be accepted).
- Sponsor advertising including the name and/or logo must not exceed 25% of the total area of the banner.
- A photo image of the banner must be submitted to Council for approval.
- The permit holder must install and remove the banner as specified in the letter or email.
- Signs must be removed by 6pm on the final day of the display period, to ensure that other groups are not inconvenienced when they arrive to place their banners.
- The banner must have a rope threaded through the top and bottom of the banner from one end to the other. The rope is needed to ensure the banner is correctly secured and does not fold up, obscuring the message on the banner.
- The banner is not to be padlocked to the site.
- There is a maximum period of 3 weeks hire.
- If using cable ties to secure a banner, all cable ties must be collected and removed from site.
Fees and Charges
Non-profit rate $ 50 per week
Commercial community rate $170 per week
Release fee $135
Cancellation fee $ 25
Confirmation of Bookings
A booking confirmation letter will be emailed after Council has assessed a formal application and invoiced for payment. Cancellation after this time will result in the hirer being liable for cancellation charges. The booking is not confirmed until invoice is paid and the confirmation letter has been sent by Council.
Council staff will remove any banner displayed on a banner site that does not have City of Darwin approval. If a banner remains on a site after the expiry date, the hirer will be liable for additional fees.
Permits are issued at the discretion of Council. Council may grant a permit, refuse to issue a permit, or cancel a permit which has been issued.