Skip straight to:
About Your Bin Collection
We offer two types of waste and recycling collection services:
- Household - up to three properties in one complex
- Multi-dwelling - units, townhouses, and apartments with four or more properties in one complex.
Find out more about your multi-dwelling household bin collection service below.
You can find out your bin collection day and import the dates into your calendar with our My Bin Day tool.
Or check out the Multi-Dwelling Collection Calendar;
Multi-Dwelling Collection Service
This service is available to units, townhouses, or apartment complexes with four or more dwellings. These bins are emptied as part of the manual collection service which means the waste contractor will retrieve the bins from your waste compound to be emptied and return the bins to the compound by 5pm the same day.
Included in this service is
- shared red lid household waste (emptied twice weekly)
- shared yellow lid recycle bins (emptied weekly)
- residents must leave bins in the designated compound at all times.
The number of bins in your complex will depend on the number of units, page 10 of our Waste Management Policy provides more information.
City of Darwin’s Waste Contractor, JJ Richards is happy to help you with your waste collection services matters and can be contacted on
1800 290 581
Alternatively, report your issue through our web forms and JJ Richards will be in contact within 1 business day.
If you would like to discuss your waste collection services directly with City of Darwin we would love to hear from you, contact us on
Find out more about our multi dwelling service with frequently asked questions.
- What time will my bin be emptied?
Collection can take place any time between 7.00am and 5.00pm.
- Will my bin get collected on a public holiday?
Collections are maintained on public holidays and any changes to the collection schedule will be notified in the local press and the news section on our website.