The Reconciliation Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee to Council. Its purpose is to advocate, inform, and guide Council on reconciliation actions and efforts to strengthen the relationships between First Nations people and non-Indigenous peoples, for the benefit of all Australians living within, working, studying, or visiting the City of Darwin.
- Guide the implementation of City of Darwin's Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) August 2023 - July 2025 and advise on the development of the next iteration of RAP
- Represent the reconciliation needs of the Darwin community the City of Darwin
- Advise Council on ways to actively contribute to the development and implementation of best practice policies, procedures, planning and programming to support reconciliation outcomes
- Identify actions that City of Darwin may take to improve reconciliation within its facilities, services and programs
- Identify gaps, issues and challenges in achieving reconciliation that City of Darwin can advocate for and/or partner with businesses, services and organisations to address
- Advocate for reconciliation as an active goal by providing education and information to improve community awareness of the importance of reconciliation, by promoting the histories, cultures and contributions of First Nations people to the City of Darwin
- Keep Council informed of industry developments, standards and legislation which can improve reconciliation within City of Darwin services, facilities, and programs.
Membership will consist of:
- Up to four (4) community members
- Up to six (6) organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation
- Larrakia Development Corporation
- Organisation with a higher status RAP than City of Darwin ('Stretch' or 'Elevate')
- Commonwealth or Northern Territory Government
- Education, Employment or Training provider
- Community or Not-for-Profit organisation
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
Terms for the Committee membership are two years, and these positions are voluntary.
Register of Committee Membership
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
Terms of Reference
For further information contact the Executive Manager Community and Cultural Services on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com