Children's Week is celebrated in October each year.
It’s a wonderful time for children to demonstrate their talents, skills and achievements to the community.
Council hosts a diverse range of events and activities for everyone to enjoy.
Children's Artwork Exhibition
City of Darwin is proud to host a wonderful opportunity for young local artists to showcase their artistic abilities and creative pursuits, through its Children's Week Artwork Exhibition.
This year's theme is cultural celebration - "Learning from each other's stories".
All artwork from individuals or groups are welcome from drawing, painting, printing, collage, sculpture, ceramic, photography and digital art!
The possibilities are endless!
How to enter?
Simply drop off your artwork on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 October 2023 at your nearest City of Darwin Library (noting the library you drop your artwork off is where the artwork will be displayed).
Terms and Conditions
- The Children’s Artwork Exhibition is open to children aged one (1) to twelve (12) years old.
- All artworks must be suitable for an audience of 0 - 12 years.
- Framed works and works on canvas must be ready to hang using appropriate string or a wire of sufficient strength, length and size to support the weight of the artwork.
- Each artwork must be clearly labelled on the reverse side with the artist’s name and contact details.
- While due care will be taken, City of Darwin cannot accept liability for any damages caused to artworks for the duration of the exhibition.
- All artworks must be collected within the timeframe specified. Artworks not collected will be held for up to two (2) months and then will be disposed of.
To download the Children's Artwork Exhibition flyer, click here.
The official opening will be on Saturday 21 October 2023 at Casuarina Library from 9.30am to 11.30am with children's entertainment, activities, lucky-door prize and morning tea.
The exhibition is on display at Council's four libraries between Saturday 21 October to Sunday 26 November 2023.
- Casuarina Library, 17 Bradshaw Terrace, Casuarina
- Darwin City Library, Civic Centre, 17 Harry Chan Avenue, Darwin
- Karama Library, Karama Shopping Plaza, 37 Kalymnos Drive, Karama
- Nightcliff Library, 10 Pavonia Place, Nightcliff.
The artwork exhibition can be viewed during libraries hours. To view the opening hours.
After the conclusion of the exhibition period, all artworks will be available for pickup on Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 November, at the library where it was showcased.
For information and enquiries about Council's Children's Week activities please contact the Family and Children's Services team.
Tel: 08 8930 0561