Library policies, guidelines, and conditions of use
- City of Darwin Public Library Policy
- City of Darwin Libraries Code of Conduct
- City of Darwin Privacy Statement
- Darwin City Council By-laws
- City of Darwin Libraries Membership Guidelines
- Public Computer and Internet Conditions of Use
- Laptop and Tablet Conditions of Use.
Do you have items you would like to donate to any of our libraries? Please read the guidelines before you bring in your donation.
City of Darwin acceptance of donations to our libraries is dependent of an item/s suitability to the collections.
The criteria for selection includes:
- Books that have been published in the last 12 months and are in as-new condition. No textbooks please
- Materials that are in demand and in the appropriate format for public library use
- DVDs that have been released in the last five years and are in as-new condition. No pirated DVDs or inappropriate content please
- Consideration of duplicate material already owned by the Library.
If an item/s meet the criteria, we can accept a donation when it is given freely without conditions. The libraries reserve the right to dispose of such materials if they are not needed, at any time and by any means, including the right to offer them to any other body deemed appropriate, or to recycle them.
If you are unsure if your item/s is/are suitable for donation, please contact the Collection Development Librarian prior to bringing in your donation.