The Australian Disability Parking Permit is available to people with mobility limitations and those who require special parking consideration.
Applying for a permit
- There is a first time fee of $16 when applying for a disability parking permit
- Disability permits are valid for a three year period
- Renewals are free of charge for permanent permit holders only
To apply, download the application form:
Using a disability permit
Permits must be displayed and visible inside the vehicle's windscreen whenever the permit holder is using the vehicle.
On-street parking in Darwin
If you are using a disability parking permit within the Darwin Municipality, your permit allows free on-street parking (where parking meters are installed) in any time-restricted area for twice the period indicated, e.g. 3 hours extended to 6 hours.
Once the free parking time has expired, normal parking restrictions apply i.e. paying for parking and time restrictions.
Off-street car parks
Vehicles displaying disability parking permits may park in an accessible parking bay in all City of Darwin off-street car parks all day, free of charge, except for West Lane carpark and Dragonfly carpark.
Persons displaying a valid permit who park in an accessible parking bay in either West Lane carpark or Dragonfly carpark may park for twice the time paid for.
Disability parking permits are valid when travelling within Australia.
- Check with local authorities about concession entitlements, which may differ from City of Darwin
- Disability parking permits are transferable from vehicle to vehicle whenever the permit holder requires parking consideration.
For further enquiries:
lodgement of a completed disability parking application can be made by:
Post: GPO Box 84, Darwin, NT, 0801
In Person: Civic Centre, 17 Harry Chan Avenue, Darwin, NT, 0800