All events must:
- occur at a venue or location within the Darwin municipality
- be open to the general public
- complement City of Darwin policies and principles
- broadly appeal to the city’s community and visitors
- fit within one or more of the calendar’s categories
- be specific, finalised and confirmed prior to submission (this includes all permits, bookings etc)
- submitted by the event organiser or authorised agent
Content submitted, including images, will be reviewed by our staff prior to publishing.
Our staff may contact you if we have any questions regarding your event.
City of Darwin is not obliged to list events submitted and reserves the right to decline events that do not meet our guidelines.
City of Darwin only lists events that take place within our municipality, this includes the following suburbs:
- Coconut Grove
- Cullen Bay
- Darwin City
- Fannie Bay
- Rapid Creek
- Stuart Park
- The Gardens
- The Narrows
Events in areas outside the above listed suburbs will not be published.
Including photos in your event listing
Photos make your listings more engaging and attractive. Adding a photo to your event allows us to feature your event on the home page or landing page.
When adding photos, please ensure:
- they are free of text, logos or marketing messages
- they accurately represent your event
- you own the copyright or have permission from the copyright owner
- you have permission from any people that can be identified in the image
- if children are identifiable, you have written consent from their parent/guardian
Use and Disclosure
To submit an event for publication on this website, individuals are required to provide some personal information, including name and contact details.
- The purpose of collecting this information is to allow City editors to contact you about your account and event listings. Some personal information is also required to allow event submitters to maintain an account with the site and to edit their events.
- Supply of this information is voluntary.
- The City is the agency that is collecting and storing the information.
- Information collected by the City is intended for use by staff in the marketing, communications and web teams. The City will only use the information for the purposes for which it was collected.
- You have the right to access and change personal information that the City holds
City of Darwin will only collect personal information supplied by you to this web site when it is necessary to do so. The information will be collected and used for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- to respond to any general enquiries you have contacted us about
- to provide you with newsletters/updates where you have subscribed to them
- to contact you in relation to any business listings/events you have listed on the site
- to contact you regarding any promotional opportunities for your business or event
- photographs submitted with your event listing may also be used for promotional purposes by City of Darwin marketing channels. This may include the newsletter and social media.
Personal information you provide when you register for email newsletters will only be used for the purpose indicated for that particular service.
Data storage, use, disclosure and retention
All data described in the preceding paragraphs may be stored and archived for a period that is yet to be determined but is likely to be at least 1 year and quite probably 7 years. Unless stated otherwise, the data is used by City of Darwin and staff involved with maintaining and operating our website for:
- publishing event information
- website and system administration, including monitoring to prevent security breaches
- customising the website to meet user needs
- evaluation, research and development.