LAUNCH celebrates young Darwin, supports young people to participate in community life and offers opportunities to build their capacity to shape their own lives and the community around them. Our programs include event training, live music gigs, skate competitions, sports programs, Youth Week activities and skill building via our Get That Job school holiday workshops.
The range of events and activities on offer via LAUNCH changes from year to year and is informed by our Young Darwin Youth Strategy:
- LAUNCH Skate
- LAUNCHmedia - annual training and development program
- LAUNCH emerging producer program - annual training and development program
- LAUNCH Night Series
- Get That Job School Holiday Workshops - regular resume building workshops including barista skills, first aid, public speaking, white cards and more
- Youth Week - program of events including partnership with Anglicare NT to deliver Couch Surfing
- AFL Clinic - partnership with AFL NT
- Geektacular MeetUp - in partnership with City of Darwin Libraries
LAUNCH works with young people aged 12-25 who live, work or study in the Darwin municipality.
For more information on these programs as well as a listing of current events and activities visit: