City of Darwin is calling for local businesses in the hospitality, retail and tourism sectors to register on the myDarwin digital platform and be part of a $300,000 economic support package.
By participating local businesses will be part of an economic stimulus that encourages customers to purchase goods and services at local participating businesses.
Lord Mayor Kon Vatskalis said he was delighted to support the initiative.
“Darwin businesses are the heart of our economy and we know the best way to support local jobs is to support local businesses as we rebound from COVID-19.”
“Council has been working on a range of initiatives to stimulate and support the economy and the myDarwin digital platform directly supports local businesses.”
Customers can receive up to $40 worth of discount vouchers daily to spend at registered local business in the retail, hospitality and tourism sectors.
Discount vouchers range from $2.50 to $20, with customers required to make a minimum spend in order to redeem the voucher.
Registration for businesses to participate in the myDarwin economic stimulus is straight forward, as is the rebate process for businesses to receive discount reimbursements on a weekly basis.
“COVID-19 has brought home to us all the critical need to work together, as our city responds to and rises from this challenge.”
“My simple message is - Buy Darwin, For Darwin - this has never been more important,” concluded Lord Mayor Vatskalis.
Alex Bruce, CEO Hospitality NT supports the myDarwin initiative “City of Darwin is backing local businesses doing it tough.
“The myDarwin initiative encourages and rewards the local community to keep supporting local jobs.
Discount voucher details for customers:
- Receive $2.50 discount on minimum spend $10
- Receive $5 discount on minimum spend $20
- Receive $10 discount on minimum spend $40
- Receive $20 discount on minimum spend $80
Business eligibility conditions include:
- GST-registered with a valid ABN or ACN.
- An annual turnover less than $10 million.
- Only retail, hospitality and tourism sector businesses with a physical shopfront/venue in the Darwin municipality are eligible to apply.
- Businesses must be operational for over 6 months at the time of registration.
Businesses can register now at: mydarwin.me