You can now digitise your precious memories at the Darwin City Library with the new Media Digitisation Station.
This service allows you to digitise VHS, VCR, camcorder, and cassette tapes for future use. Additional options will be introduced in the coming months.
What you need to know
- You will need to have intermediate computer skills to operate a Windows PC and the various software at the station. If you are not confident using technology, we recommend bringing someone with the necessary skills to assist you.
- Instruction manuals are available for all of the devices and software to assist you.
- If you get stuck, a library staff member will be able to provide some guidance to resolve the issue.
- We advise booking a time to use the station. Customers are limited to a 2-hour session per day.
- If you would like a demonstration from a staff member, please book an appointment with a staff member along with your Media Digitisation Station booking.
To book, please call 8930 0230 during library opening hours.