Coinciding with National Road Safety Week, City of Darwin is reminding all visitors to the Shoal Bay Waste Management Facility about the importance of staying safe and adhering to the same road rules that exist on open roads when visiting the tip.
Safe driving is the responsibility of all of us, and National Road Safety Awareness Week is a timely reminder to Drive So Others Survive.
Avoiding traffic-related injuries or fatalities is not just about us as individuals; it's about protecting our friends, families, and neighbours.
Please keep the following safe practices in mind when visiting our facility:
- Adhere to Safety Guidelines: Please observe all posted signs and follow the instructions of staff on-site. These rules are in place to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Drive Responsibly: Safe and careful driving is essential within the facility, which is under the authority of the Traffic Regulations 1999. Please adhere to all posted speed limits and be aware of other vehicles, pedestrians, and staff. Only licensed drivers can operate vehicles in this area.
- Protect your Passengers: Please don’t allow passengers to ride in the trailer or ute tray; seatbelts should always be worn while in a moving vehicle.
- Sort Your Waste: The correct sorting of waste helps us operate more efficiently and sustainably. Please sort your waste according to the clearly marked categories at the facility.
- Respect Others: Please be patient and treat staff and other patrons with respect. Any form of abusive or threatening behaviour is not tolerated.
- Protect Our Environment: Please ensure all waste is disposed of properly in the designated areas. Littering within the facility or the surrounding areas is strictly prohibited.
City of Darwin encourages everyone to drive responsibly, be patient, and remember to 'Drive So Others Survive.' By working together, we can ensure the safety of our community.
For more information on Shoal Bay Waste Management Facility, visit Shoal Bay Waste Management Facility.
To learn more about National Road Safety Week visit https://roadsafetyweek.com.au.