City of Darwin’s Quick Response Youth Engagement Grants are a one-off initiative to fund community strengthening projects and initiatives that address emerging and critical issues facing young people. Applications should enhance Darwin as a safe, liveable and healthy city and primarily benefit at-risk and vulnerable young people aged 12-25 who reside in the northern suburbs.
Minimum request: $2,000
Maximum request: $5,000
Total grant pool: $50,000
As a quick response grant program, applications will be accepted monthly until the total pool of funds is expended.
- Applications will be accepted from 4 October 2021 to 1 March 2022.
- Applications are due on the first of each month with 1 November being the first closing date and 1 March being the last unless the grant funds are expended earlier.
- Applicants will be notified of their success or otherwise within four weeks of each monthly deadline.
Applications should identify which of the following priorities they address:
- Programs for at risk and vulnerable young people on Friday and Saturday nights
- Youth programs in the northern suburbs (Chan, Richardson and Waters wards)
- Connecting young people with services and programs
- Response to an emerging or critical issue
Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- That the project meets the purpose and priorities of the Youth Engagement Grants Program
- That there is a clearly demonstrated need for the project
- How likely the proposed project is to deliver on its stated outcomes
- How well the project aligns to City of Darwin’s Strategic Plan, Youth Strategy and/or other Council strategies and plans
Applications that fit within the following eligibility guidelines will be considered for funding.
- Applicants must be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or be auspiced by an incorporated organisation for the purpose of this application
- Projects must be delivered within three months of notification.
- Programs must occur within the Darwin municipality and be undertaken by Darwin based enterprises for the benefit of the Darwin community.
- Applicants need to be able to demonstrate alignment between their proposal and the priorities of Council, and those of the Quick Response Youth Engagement Grants Program.
- Projects should demonstrate financial viability and value for money.
- The responsible organisation needs to have the appropriate type and level of insurance for the activities that are the subject of the grant.
- Funding will only be granted for specific project costs and not for the core costs of running an existing organisation.
Applicants are ineligible who:
- Have not satisfactorily acquitted previous funding within the specified timelines or owe money to City of Darwin
- Have received funding from City of Darwin for this project in the past
- Do not reflect the values of City of Darwin or that breach our access and inclusion policy or other relevant policies
- Canvas or lobby staff or Elected Members outside the official processes
- Propose projects of a political nature
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss applications with the responsible officer prior to submission.
Phone: 08 8930 0403
All applications must be submitted via https://darwin.smartygrants.com.au
A publication outlining the full details of City of Darwin's range of funding and support programs can be downloaded from Funding Guidelines 2021-2024.