The Tree Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee to Council. Its purpose is to provide advice to Council on matters outlined in the Committee's roles and functions. The Committee will provide recommendations to Council to enable an informed decision to be made on the management of the Greening Strategy 2021.
- Review the City of Darwin Greening Strategy
- Review the report Establishing a Resilient Urban Forest for Darwin
- Review the document Preferred Trees for Darwin
- Review the document Trees Not Recommended to be Planted
- Investigate and make recommendations on species that are Colourful, Tropical, and/or Flowering
Membership will consist of:
- Lord Mayor
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
- Up to two (2) community members
- Up to six (6) organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Northern Territory Arboriculture Association
- Larrakia Nation
- Parks and Wildlife (George Brown Botanic Gardens)
- Territory Natural Resource Management
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (NT)
Terms for the Committee membership are two (2) years, and these positions are voluntary.
Register of Committee Membership
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
Terms of Reference
For further information contact the Executive Manager Operations on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com