The East Point Reserve Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee. Its purpose is to provide advice to Council on matters outlined in the Committee’s roles and functions. The Committee will provide recommendations to Council to enable an informed decision to be made on the management of East Point Reserve.
- Bring stakeholders together to share knowledge, experience and opportunities
- Monitor the implementation of the East Point Reserve Biodiversity Management Plan 2019-2024
- Inform and advise Council of issues within and around the reserve or any other matters
Membership will consist of eighteen (18) members consisting of representation from:
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
- Two (2) community representatives
- Organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- East Point Aero Modellers Club Inc.
- Fannie Bay Equestrian Club Inc.
- Pee Wee’s at the Point
- Darwin Military Museum
- Friends of East Point
- Northern Territory Naturalist’s Club
- Top End Native Plant Society
- Birdlife Top End
- NTG Crown Lands
- NTG Weeds Branch
- NTG NT Heritage Branch
- Research organisations
- Larrakia Nation
- Museums and Art Galleries of the Northern Territory
- Darwin Triathlon Club
- Mindil Beach Surf Life Savers NT
Terms for Committee membership for community members are two (2) years.
Register of Committee Membership
East Point Reserve Advisory Committee Register
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
Terms of Reference
East Point Reserve Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
For further information contact the Senior Coordinator Parks and Reserves on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com