The International Relations Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee. Its purpose is to advocate, inform, and support Council with its international relations strategy, while supporting a whole of Council approach to community, cultural and economic development.
- Provide support and advice to City of Darwin international relations strategic direction
- Share knowledge, information, expertise and connection to City of Darwin to achieve its strategic outcomes
- Act in an advisory capacity to City of Darwin.
Membership will consist of fifteen (15) members consisting of representation from:
- Lord Mayor as ex officio
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
- Organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- Representatives of the Federal Government
- Representatives of the Northern Territory Government
- Representatives of key industry and organisation stakeholders targeting international markets
- Chair of Sister City Advisory Committee
- Senior officer from City of Darwin.
Terms for the Committee membership are two (2) years. The commencement and end of term for community and Elected Members can be differing dates.
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
For further information contact the International Relations Office on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference