The Military and Civilian History Committee is an Advisory Committee. Its purpose is strengthen the tourism, historical, cultural and educational prospects of the raft of events and activities relating to Darwin’s military heritage and its impact on the citizens of the Northern Territory.
- Develop the tourism, historical, cultural and educational prospects and aspects of both the Bombing of Darwin event and Darwin’s broader military history
- Provide a strong vision for the infrastructure, activities and events that promote the Bombing of Darwin and Darwin’s broader military history
- Establish effective partnerships with key stakeholders engaged in participating in and promoting the Bombing of Darwin event and Darwin’s broader military history
- Promote recognition of the experiences of civilians in the Top End during WWII.
Membership will consist of:
- One (1) Elected Member with the Lord Mayor as ex officio, and one (1) alternate Elected Member
- Two (2) City of Darwin Officers
- Organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- Tourism NT
- Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Defence NT
- Returned Service League
- Darwin Military Museum
- Aviation Historical Society of the NT Inc.
Register of Committee Membership
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
Terms of Reference
For further information contact the General Manager Community on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org