Apply for Sponsorship
The sponsorship round is now closed.
Sponsorship is a commercial arrangement in which City of Darwin provides funding to a project or event in return for specified benefits. Priorities for this program are business projects or events that create value for the social, economic, cultural and environmental life of the Darwin.
City of Darwin provides over $400,000 annually to the community via sponsorship program. The Sponsorship Program opens for applications in March for projects and events in the following financial year.
Generally, sponsorship is for ongoing annual funding for a set period of time and the public will be announced for a new round opens for application.
All applications should be made via the online SmartyGrants platform for acquittal reporting purposes.
Sponsorship proposals should align with City of Darwin 2030 Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan for the city outlines five strategic directions in which all proposals should align including:
- A capital city with best practice and sustainable infrastructure
- A safe, liveable, and healthy city
- A cool, clean, and green city
- A smart and prosperous city
- A vibrant and creative city.
We do not generally sponsor conferences, seminars, functions, individuals, record attempts or fundraisers unless they are directly related to our corporate objectives or local government.
- Organisations must demonstrate that their public image, products, and services are consistent with the goals and values of City of Darwin, and a commitment to enhance community life in Darwin.
- Sponsorship may assist in enabling local, territory, national or international programs, events and activities to be held within Darwin. Such events may contribute to the identity of the city, economic growth and promote community participation by residents and visitors.
- Such sponsorships which are strategically focused and reflect the values and objectives of City of Darwin will be considered.
- Proposals must not conflict with Council’s policies and responsibilities to the community or be political in nature or have a political affiliation.
- City of Darwin expects that it will receive a return on this investment through demonstrated benefits.
Out of round sponsorship
Sponsorship for an event or project may be considered outside the open round application process if there are extenuating circumstances that prevented submission through that process. These proposals will be assessed using the same criteria as used in the opening round application process.
The proposal may be considered for funding:
- Using available sponsorship contingency funding
- By consideration and decision of Council
Out-of-round sponsorship proposals of less than $10,000 value (including cash and in-kind contributions) may be approved by the CEO in liaison with the Lord Mayor (subject to funding availability)
For all sponsorships over a total value of $10,000 value (including cash and in-kind contributions) a report will be prepared for review by Council.
If you think sponsorship is for you – please read through the below guidelines and policy before applying.
If you would like more information or assistance with applying for sponsorship please contact City of Darwin via
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com
For more funding opportunities, please visit Funding Opportunities with City of Darwin.