The Arts and Cultural Development Advisory Committee is an Advisory Committee. Its purpose is to advocate, inform and guide Council on improving its positive impact on communities and culture in Darwin.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of best practice policy, procedures, planning and programming of Council towards increasing positive arts and cultural outcomes in keeping with the Strategic Plan
- Identify actions that City of Darwin may take to improve its facilities, services and programs for greater arts and cultural outcomes; whilst recognising and supporting Darwin’s diverse social, cultural and creative resources
- Identify gaps, issues and challenges for arts and cultural development that City of Darwin can advocate for and/or partner with businesses, services and organisations to address
- Advise Council on ways to amplify arts and cultural strengths through strategic support of community and cultural groups, organisations and activities
- Advise Council on ways to advocate for arts and culture through providing education and information on community and cultural needs and rights through positive and proactive media, social marketing, community events, festivals, forums and other initiatives in partnership with Council
- Keep Council informed of industry best practice and developments, standards and legislation
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure Council’s arts and cultural activities are relevant and high impact
- Support the development and maintenance of a register of peers for the establishment of temporary sub-committees, working groups and/or panels of appropriate members of the community
- Act as a conduit for the sharing of ideas, resources, funding and employment opportunities between Council and the community and provide mutual support and assistance in developing and implementing community and cultural activities in Darwin.
Membership will consist of:
- Up to seven (7) community members
- Up to four (4) organisational memberships consisting of representation from:
- Larrakia Organisation
- Refugee and/or new migrant organisation
- Relevant/Identified Northern Territory Government Representative(s)
- Darwin Entertainment Centre
- One (1) Elected Member and one (1) alternate Elected Member
Terms for the Committee membership are two (2) years.
Register of Committee Membership
The Committee will meet at least four (4) times per year and no more than eight (8) times annually, between February and November.
Terms of Reference
For further information contact the Arts and Cultural Development Officer on:
Tel | 08 8930 0300
Email | email@example.com