Skip to main content

How to apply for a job with us

Home / About Council / Careers / How to apply for a job with us

Applying for any of our jobs is simple, however please set aside 10-15 minutes of your time before you start, because we like to get as much information as we can from you before making a decision on who we would like to interview.

The application process involves four simple steps:

Find the position you are interested in

View all our current job listings simply click on the Vacancies link.

Answer our simple questionnaire

This is normally no more than 10-15 questions, which are designed to provide us with a little more information about you. Answering these questions allows us to process your application more efficiently.

Selection Criteria

It is important that your application contains specific information demonstrating how you meet the selection criteria for the advertised position. It is not sufficient to state that you believe you meet the criteria you need to provide examples from your past experience (paid work and/or non paid work related) to support your claims. If you provide insufficient information, you are unlikely to be considered for the vacancy. The questions the selection panel use in the interview will be based on the selection criteria. PLEASE NOTE: There is a 5000 character limit for each selection criteria box.

Upload your CV

If you have a CV in a compatible format simply upload it onto our system by following a couple of simple steps. If you wish to add a covering letter, add this in the section titled 'Supplement Documents'. Please note that you can only add one document to each upload area.

Right to Work in Australia

As part of the recruitment process, Council is required to view your 'Right to Work in Australia'. Prior to any job offer you will be required to show an original of one of the following documents:

  • Australian nationals - birth certificate, passport, Australian citizenship certificate, evidentiary or declaratory certificate of Australian citizenship.
  • New Zealand citizens - passport.
  • Foreign nationals (including Commonwealth citizens eg. British, Canadians) - Right of work visa stamped in your passport or other documentary evidence of Resident Status issued by the Department of Immigration.

Verification of overseas academic qualifications

It is your responsibility to have any overseas academic qualifications or certifications assessed by:

The National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition
PO Box 25

1800 020 086

Help us improve this site