Walk n Wag - Botanic Gardens
George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens
Meet on the Water Fountain near Eva’s Café, through Botanic Gardens return
The Gardens NT 0820
City of Darwin runs a series of free community dog walks -‘Walk ‘n’ Wag’ – aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle and helping dog owners socialise their animals in a supportive environment.
You can sign up for any walk by visiting: https://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/form/walk-n-wag-registration
The Walk ‘N Wag events are held every second Tuesday afternoon for approximately 30 - 45 minutes, meeting at 5.40pm and starting at 5.45pm.
Each Walk ‘N Wag event is held at a different location, giving dog owners an opportunity to try walks they have never done before.
The Tuesday 20 June 2023 Walk ‘n’ Wag walk will be at George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens. Meet on the Water Fountain near Eva’s Café. (the sign will be up). (off-leash swimming opportunity for obedient, well socialised dogs)
Please note the following details specific to this walk:
- Fitness level - Easy- Medium
- Walk duration - 45mins
- Distance - 2.5km-3km
- It’s been a little warm, bring a water bottle and be sun smart.
- Given the time of the day, there is a possibility of mosquitoes and midges so protection against them is advised.
- Dogs must be on lead (no extendable leads or leads over 6 ft) at all times unless advised otherwise
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated, this ensures the health and safety of all the dogs
- Bring a poop bag ‘bag it, bin it’, it is the dog owners responsibility to clean up after their dog
- Permission should be sought from each owner before introducing dogs to each other, respect space
- To create a safe space for small dogs, we ask that large dogs who are reactive to small dogs walk at the front of the group, with smaller dogs keeping to the back
- Dogs who are working on reactivity or who need space should indicate this by tying on a yellow bandana, our Animal Education Officers can assist with this
- Ill-tempered dogs must be muzzled
City of Darwin Animal Education Officers will be on hand to provide dog owners with advice and support on a range of pet management issues.
Should the weather be unfavourable, the decision to cancel Walk N Wag will be made at 4pm. An email will be sent to all walkers on the mailing list and a notice will be issued on the City of Darwin Facebook page.
For more information please go to: https://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/.../great-pets-start-with-you or call the Pet Care Helpline on 8930 0606.