City of Darwin has made a number of operational changes in response to the Covid-19 crisis.
These changes are in addition to operational changes made last week and further changes are anticipated over coming weeks and months in-line with Australian and Northern Territory Government guidelines.
- A limit of 25 people can enter City of Darwin Libraries at any one time, for a maximum of 30 minutes
- Casuarina Library has closed, but the returns chute remains open
- Darwin City, Karama, and Nightcliff Libraries remain open and operating with the following changes to hours:
- 9am-11am - Seniors and Disability Hours
- 11am-12noon - Closed for additional cleaning
- 12noon-5pm - Open to the general public
- All library programs have been cancelled until further notice
- Loan limits have been doubled to 40 items per person
- Removal of shared toys from the library spaces
- Cancellation of all Citizenship Ceremonies, effective immediately to 30 June
- Cancellation of all Fun Bus and Healthy Darwin programs from close of business Tuesday 24 March
City of Darwin CEO Scott Waters said Council needed to make these difficult decisions to comply with Australian and Northern Territory Government guidelines and ensure the health and safety of the Darwin community.
“These are tough decisions and we know how much the community have come to rely on and enjoy the services and programs City of Darwin operates.”
“I fully anticipate further changes to our services in coming months. Some of these changes will need to be actioned immediately and I thank the community for their support and understanding at this time.”
“Our focus now and into the future is ensuring the continuity and delivery of essential services, including waste removal, maintenance of our parks and reserves, managing infrastructure repairs and animal management.”
For further information on City of Darwin’s response to Covid-19, and events cancelled go to: darwin.nt.gov.au/covid-19
At this time we recommend you confirm events are is still on. For City of Darwin events go to: facebook.com/cityofdarwin